From small diameter cable or conduit, to large diameter gas mains, Ellingson Companies offers a minimal impact installation method through static plowing. Ellingson has the capabilities to install pipe up to 14 inches in diameter and unlimited lengths without obstructions. Ultimate customer satisfaction and successful project completion are a top priority for Ellingson. Our team of in-house design experts and engineers ensure that our equipment is engineered and fabricated to allow for accurate placement of piping through pipe plowing without surpassing the manufacturers recommendation.
Pipe Plowing is an effective method for the installation of main line natural gas distribution main line replacement and extensions, as well as telecom cable and conduit.
The Pipe Plowing Process
Pipe Plowing is a trenchless method utilized for the installation of pipe or cable. The pipe or cable is installed by pulling a plow blade through the ground allowing us to reach depths of 7.5 feet of cover on the pipe as well as installing tracer wire and marking tape in synchronization if required.
Pipe Plowing Capabilities
- Plow pipe up to 14-in. in diameter
- Without obstructions length of plow run is unlimited
- Up to 7.5-ft. of cover
- HDPE, Gas Main, Water Main, Force Main, Conduit & Dewatering
The Benefits of Pipe Plowing
- Significantly faster than traditional open-cut methods of installation
- Less time and cost for restoration
- Safer than traditional open-cut methods
- Ability to easily install through wet conditions